I have built this LED COLOR MIXER for my kids using an empty Nesquick Can, a LED stripe and a 3 channel RGB Dimmer. My kids love to mix colors and change intensity. They also use it as a Night Light.
TO BUILD YOUR OWN YOU WILL NEED
- Empty Nesquick or milk can
- 5m RGB led stripe 5050
- RGB 3 channel Dimmer. You can get one in Ebay por less than € 10.-
- 12v Female jack with screw nut
- AC LED Power connector 5A
- Paint the can in matte black or any color of your choice
- Stick the LED stripe around the can
- Drill a hole in the can to wire the leds inside the can
- Fix the can and the dimmer on a wood board using screws
- Make the connections following the instructions than comes with the Dimmer
- Connect power and have fun!
Note: You can also use a 12V battery to avoid wires. It is safer and allow your kids to take the lamp everywhere.